Some of our ministries include:
- Community Relations. Building a healthy network with other faith groups and service organizations. As an example, we participate with Manatee Religious Services.
- Charitable Giving and Humanitarian Aid. Offering personal as well as financial support for such programs as "Meals-On-Wheals", St. Nicholas Day Program, Adopt-a-Family, International Mission Center Support, Share Program, "Project Mexico"- home building mission, and others.
- Health Advocacy and Education Activities. St. Mark Orthodox church is actively supports community-based voluntary health organizations, such as American Cancer Society by participating in Cancer Walks and supporting annual "Relay for Life", organized by American Cancer Society. St. Mark Orthodox Church also support nursing education programs in Moscow, Russia.
- Christian education (for adults). Encouraging both adults and children to put their faith into action through study and reflection on current topics and issues.
Visit our "Christian Education" page or view our monthly Church Calendar. for Christian Instruction schedule
- Sunday school for little ones online.
Please visit our Kid's Page for additional information
- Event Planning. Allowing for our community to "play together" as well as "pray together" by organizing a variety of activities. Visit our Church News page to find out about this month's special events.
CHRISTMAS IN JULY party
(hosted by USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus ) to benefit social programs in Vladimir, Russia - July 27, 2007
Laura Flesch, Vladimir City Director with Sarasota Sister Cities and Fr. John Chudik offer greetings